We frequently help people who now live abroad after being exposed to asbestos in the UK when they were younger. We have represented people who now live in Spain, France, South Africa, Australia, America and New Zealand, to name just a few countries. Thankfully, communication is easy wherever you are in the world because of telephone and email.

Were you exposed to asbestos in the UK?

When people are diagnosed with asbestos diseases (including mesothelioma, pleural thickening, and asbestosis) and they live abroad, often their only known asbestos exposure was in the UK when they were much younger. You can still claim compensation if you live abroad and living abroad will not affect your claim.

If you live abroad and would like advice on a potential claim, contact us and we will arrange to call or email you at a convenient time.

What will happen after you contact us?

  1. We will have an initial chat with you about your diagnosis and potential asbestos exposure.
  2. Our team will advise you of whether there might be a claim.
  3. We will give you advice on whether you may be able to get any government benefits or awards.
  4. You will sign a no win, no fee agreement and forms of consent for the disclosure of your medical and employment records.
  5. Your solicitor will apply for all the relevant records and draft a statement regarding your asbestos exposure.
  6. Details of the claim will be sent to the company you worked for, or to their insurer.
  7. An independent medical report will be obtained in support of the asbestos claim.
  8. A schedule of loss will be prepared, putting a value to the claim.
  9. Your solicitor will use their expertise in asbestos claims to argue your case and negotiate a settlement.

We will lead you through each step of the asbestos claim and will work around you no matter the time difference. We promise that distance will not be an issue.

How can we help?

If you require assistance in pursuing a mesothelioma compensation claim please contact us today. You can call us on our Freephone number 0800 038 6767. Alternatively, head over to our contact us page, complete the form, and we will be in touch.

Share Button